Hi everyone! My name is Marilyn and I am the founder of Bozworkz. I wanted to introduce myself and give you all a chance to get to know me and why I started Bozworkz.
I’ve been working in the design field for over 10 years. While I currently live with my husband and children in Winters, California, I have worked a lot in the San Francisco area and am constantly inspired by the amazing architecture and design that can be found in the city.
I began my career in event design, creating the perfect corporate events and wedding spaces. I loved being able to be creative in my role every day, but that I also often got to take on a project management role, coordinating event details with all of the logistics of the installation crews.
I love helping people create the home of their dreams. Whether its conceptually, creatively, or through decor, I’m passionate about creating #epicspaces.
I realized that I could bring something very unique to the design world by combining my talents and through that Bozworkz was born. While full-scale, start-to-finish projects are an absolute blast, I also love to help my clients create epic spaces through small projects and changes. To me, being able to make a render for a client or be the go-between them and their contractor (aka helping them visualize their dream home and making the process less stressful for them) is an amazing part of my job.
This wouldn’t be a behind the scenes post without a few fun facts about me:
- I’m inspired by many color palettes and textures directly from nature. When I need to get a creative idea I go outside for a walk or drive.
- My favorite color is green.
- My favorite food/drinks are “The Three C’s”, champagne, cheese, and chocolate.
- I love to sing (not well) and make up songs. My stage is usually the car, but I like to think my kids appreciate the effort I put into making up songs.
- Despite that fact that I’m very visual, I’m extremely near sighted. Without lenses, I can’t see the top (largest) row on the eye chart.
I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know a little more about me. I would love to take the time and chat design with you, so don’t hesitate to reach out. Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Facebook to learn more about what I do and to see some of my work and inspirations.